What is Ascent?
Ascent is an innovative private student loan program that provides access to higher education funding for an expanded population of undergraduate and graduate students, while encouraging the financial wellness of students and their families. We advocate awareness of the potential financial outcomes of your higher education choices (school, major, years in school, financing your education), helping you visualize where your career could go and what it could be – encouraging better decisions today to open up greater future opportunities.
What types of private student loans does Ascent offer?
Ascent offers loan products to help undergraduate and graduate students pay for higher education.
- Undergraduate students have the option to apply for a Cosigned Credit-Based Loan, Non-Cosigned Credit-Based Loan or Non-Cosigned Future Income-Based Loan (for eligible juniors and seniors – see eligibility requirements.)
- Graduate students have the option to apply for a Cosigned Credit-Based Loan or Non-Cosigned Credit-Based Loan. Ascent created customized repayment terms for: Business School (MBA); Dental School (DMD, DDS); Law School (JD, LLM); Medical School (MD, DO, DVM, VMD, DPM); General Graduate School (Health Professionals, Nursing, Pharmacy, MA, MS, PhD, etc.)
Why should I choose an Ascent loan?
The Ascent Student Loan program provides more opportunities to qualify for a loan with a cosigner or without a cosigner. Ascent’s award-winning Non-Cosigned Future Income-Based Loan (for undergraduate students) considers more than just a credit score, to give students the opportunity to qualify for a loan without a cosigner. Ascent also offers credit-based loans for graduate students. Ascent loans are competitively priced. You can choose from affordable fixed or variable rates, customize your repayment terms, and pay off your loan early without any penalty. In addition, Ascent offers benefits that can help save money with a 1% Cash Back Reward upon graduation and an Automatic Payment Discount of at least 0.25% for Credit-Based Loans and in some cases up to 2.00% for Undergraduate Non-Cosigned Future Income-Based Loans. The Automatic Payment Discount is available if the borrower is enrolled in automatic payments from their personal checking account and the amount is successfully withdrawn from the authorized bank account each month. (See Automatic Payment Discount Terms & Conditions.)
Are there any incentives for the Ascent loans?
Yes, borrowers are eligible to receive the following incentives:
- Automatic Payment Discount: Borrowers can get either a 0.25% (for Credit-Based Loans) or 2.00% (for Undergraduate Future Income-Based Loans) interest rate reduction if payments are made by automatic payment. The Automatic Payment Discount is available if the borrower is enrolled in automatic payments from their personal checking account and the amount is successfully withdrawn from the authorized bank account each month. (See Automatic Payment Discount Terms & Conditions.)
- 1% Cash Back Graduation Reward: Borrowers are eligible to receive a 1% cash reward after graduation and upon meeting certain qualifying criteria.
- Refer A Friend: Earn up to $525 for each friend you refer – There’s no limit to what you can earn!
Who is Ascent Funding, LLC?
Ascent Funding, LLC is the loan processor that collects application information for underwriting and processing.
Who is Richland State Bank?
Richland State Bank, Member FDIC, is the lender for Ascent Student Loans.
Who is Launch Servicing?
Your servicer is Launch Servicing. Launch Servicing, a leading student loan servicing company, is responsible for sending statements, setting up your automatic payments to receive a discount, processing payments, updating your repayment plan (if you elect the Graduated Repayment Option or apply for deferment or forbearance if you are having trouble making payments), and providing general account guidance.
How do I contact Launch Servicing?
Launch Servicing is here to help simplify the servicing process and make repayment easy. There are several ways you can contact Launch Servicing:
- Call: Contact your lending specialist at Launch Servicing at 877-354-2629 toll-free Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM central time.
- Email: CustomerService@LaunchServicing.com
- Online Portal: Log into the repayment portal at LaunchServicing.com.
- Mobile App: Manage your account from anywhere – download from the App Store or on Google Play and login with your existing user credentials (available for student loan borrowers only).
Why can’t I find my school on the Ascent website?
Your school may not be on our list of eligible institutions at this time. Please contact your financial aid office for other financing options.
Can I qualify for an Ascent loan if I’m not full-time?
Students enrolled full-time or at least half-time at an eligible institution may qualify. Certain limitations may apply for such applicants that apply without a cosigner.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum loan amount for Ascent loans is limited to the total cost of attendance for a period not to exceed one full academic year, less any financial aid, as certified by your school. Note: Your maximum loan amount may be less than the amount requested on your application due to school certification or other underwriting factors.
- Maximum:$200,000 (aggregate total)
- Maximum for academic year:
$200,000 for Undergraduate and Graduate Credit-Based Loans
$20,000 for Undergraduate Non-Cosigned Future Income-Based Loans
Do I need a cosigner?
Not necessarily. Ascent considers several factors including: creditworthiness, school, program, graduation date, major, GPA, cost of attendance, and other factors that allow for undergraduate students to potentially obtain a Non-Cosigned Future Income-Based Loan in their own name without a cosigner. Nevertheless, applying with a cosigner may result in a lower interest rate.
Students that have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status or are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident may apply with a creditworthy cosigner that is a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
Is there a penalty or fee if I pay off my loan early before the repayment term ends?
No. With Ascent loans, you will not incur any fees or penalties if you prepay your loan (either in whole or in part) before the repayment term ends.